SOUTHFIELD, MI. – MARCH 20, 2020 – Due to strong demand, Big Boy Restaurants has introduced Big Boy Pantry now selling carryout meals and household staples like pasta & sauce, pancake mix, bread, eggs, ice cream, soup, chili and whole pies available for carryout or free delivery.
“With the current challenges facing our entire community and basic food shortages in grocery stores, our guests have been asking for more bulk items.” Said Tamer Afr, CEO Big Boy Restaurants. “There’s been a big run on comfort foods, people are making the best of the situation and enjoying quarts of Big Boy ice cream, pancakes and whole pies at home. We are happy to offer these services with a 25% off offer on carry-out, car-hop or free local delivery within 5 miles of our restaurants.”
With the demand in bulk ordering, Big Boy has added value bundles available for guests.
Carry-Out Bundles include:
- $20 Family Pack – any two entrees or sandwiches & 2 kids meals
- $20 Breakfast for Dinner, 4 Blockbusters – choice of eggs, bacon or sausage, hashbrowns + hotcakes
- $25 Classics Pack – Chose of 4 Big Boy’s and Slim Jim’s + 4 fries
- $25 Fish Fry – 2 fish & chips, 2 fried shrimp platters + 4 fries
- $25 Pasta Dinner – 4 servings of pasta + sauce, one large house salad, + 4 garlic rolls
- $25 Chicken Tender Family Pack – 10 tenders + 3 fries
- $25 Dinner for 2 – Any two entrees, one appetizer + 2 mini desserts
Additional Value Promotions include:
- Kids Eat Free with any adult entrée of $5.99 or more
- Meals on Wheels, $10 donation provides 20 cups of soup for one senior.
- To date, 1,440 pounds of soup has been donated.
- To donate, visit bigboy.dineloyal.com, select any restaurant, start order, select any open time, select Meals on Wheels button and choose $10 Soup for Seniors option. Select quantity and check out. No additional purchases are necessary. Orders are tax exempt.
Big Boy is now offering online ordering for select restaurants, to find a location near you, visit bigboy.dineloyal.com to place an order. DoorDash is available with 20% off for first orders.
Big Boy old-fashioned carhop service is now available at participating locations. Guests can call in orders and the Big Boy team will deliver food out to your car while practicing social distancing. “You and your family can enjoy a meal out while watching your favorite Netflix movie or favorite YouTube show right from your phones and in our parking lots.” Said Afr. “The Big Boy car hop idea is 70 years old, this new take on the original idea is a way for families to change up their routines while still staying safe. Carhop service at Big Boy truly the original form of social distancing.”
- Big Boy, 16880 Hall Rd, Clinton Twp, MI 48038
- Big Boy, 3756 S Rochester Rd, Rochester, MI 48307
- Big Boy, 20800 Haggerty Rd, Novi, MI 48375
- Big Boy, 1359 W Main St, Gaylord, MI 49735
- Big Boy, 7800 Granger Rd, Cleveland, OH 44125
To kick off the carhop, Big Boy is running a promotion for all guests to participate in. On Instagram, guests are encouraged to post photos of them car-hopping at Big Boy with the hashtag #BigBoyCarHop for a chance to win a Big Boy $50 gift card. Winners will be announced weekly at @ItsYourBigBoy on Instagram and Twitter.
Big Boy Restaurant Group, LLC
Big Boy, an iconic American restaurant brand founded in 1936, is celebrating 84 years in 2020, with a continued focus of shared family experiences around food and supporting communities. Big Boy Restaurant Group, LLC is based in Southfield, Michigan. The company operates and manages franchises of Big Boy, Bob’s Big Boy and Big Boy Burgers, Shakes and Breakfast restaurants in Michigan, Ohio, California and North Dakota.
Big Boy Restaurants
Vice President of Marketing